Personnel executives of 100 major corporations were asked for stories of unusual behavior by job applicants.
1. “… stretched out on the floor to fill out the job application.”
2. “She wore a Walkman and said she could listen to me and the music at the same time.”
3. ” A balding candidate abruptly excused himself. Returned to office a few minutes later, wearing a hairpiece.”
4. “… asked to see interviewer’s resume to see if the personnel executive was qualified to judge the candidate.”
5. “… announced she hadn’t had lunch and proceeded to eat a hamburger and french fries in the interviewer’s office – wiping the ketchup on her sleeve”
6. “Stated that, if he were hired, he would demonstrate his loyalty by having the corporate logo tattooed on his forearm.”
7. “Interrupted to phone his therapist for advice on answering specific interview questions.”
8. “When I asked him about his hobbies, he stood up and started tap dancing around my office.”
9. “At the end of the interview, while I stood there dumb-struck, went through my purse, took out a brush, brushed his hair, and left.”
10. “… pulled out a Polaroid camera and snapped a flash picture of me. Said he collected photos of everyone who interviewed him.”
11. “Said he wasn’t interested because the position paid too much.”
12. “During the interview, an alarm clock went off from the candidate’s brief case. He took it out, shut it off, apologized and said he had to leave for another interview.”
13. “A telephone call came in for the job applicant. It was from his wife. His side of the conversation went like this: “Which company? When do I start? What’s the salary?” I said, “I assume you’re not interested in conducting the interview any further.” He promptly responded, “I am as long as you’ll pay me more.” “I didn’t hire him, but later found out there was no other job offer. It was a scam to get a higher offer.”
14. “Candidate said he really didn’t want to get a job, but the unemployment office needed proof that he was looking for one.”
15. “Pointing to a black case he carried into my office, he said that if he was not hired, the bomb would go off. Disbelieving, I began to state why he would never be hired and that I was going to call the police. He then reached down to the case, flipped a switch and ran. No one was injured, but I did need to get a new desk.”
Yes and people like this do exist 😂
They sure do and they vote, too. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow Sue, now I know why I never was able to get a Job Lol seriously though, it is True some walk in apathy to what is good and also acceptable to others and do what they want regardless of the consequences.
Blessings – Anne.
And some are just plain lazy. 🙂 Thanks for your input and I’m so glad you were able to get hired. lol